Fab Four Friday

The other day I found out that the folks I nanny for
have a harpsichord function on their keyboard, and I freaked.
It is such a haunting but cool sound, and made me think of this song right away.
You can see a short version on my Instagram if you're interested in hearing how awesome it sounds.


Because
The song is so simple, but so complex in it's creation.
It's pretty amazing to think about how they approached this in the studio,
and how they probably felt after the finished product.




FUN FACTS:

- This song was inspired by Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.  John heard it, and wanted it played backwards - then wrote the lyrics around the reversed melody. 
I mean really though, who thinks of that?

- The song features John, Paul, and George harmonizing, but their vocals are tripled on the track. This means that what you are hearing is actually nine voices together. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

- This was the last song recorded for Abbey Road. The reason was because every instrument was to be played exactly together, which obviously took a ton of practice to perfect. And when those boys wanted something to be a certain way, you know they worked until it was right. 

"Love is old,
Love is new,
Love is all,
Love is you"

Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.