La traviata - English National Opera

Exciting times in the world of the West End!


As you all have seen, a typical week for me involves a lot of musical theatre.
And while I love this type of art more than my little heart can hold,
it's great to branch out and experience the other types of performance that is offer.
And experience that in London? Absolutely the best of the best.

That's why when the English National Opera offered the chance to see one of their shows,
there was no hesitation in my "YES! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR PRODUCTION!"
Sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me...

I'll be seeing their current running production La traviata.
The show tells the story of a young woman forced to sacrifice her own happiness for the reputation of her lover.
I have heard of this show before, as it is one of the most reproduced operas out there,
but definitely underestimated the intensity of it before watching the ENO's trailer.

 
 
Excited may be an understatement for my feelings.
 
I'll be seeing the show this coming Thursday, so expect a little review of my experiences after.
 
After checking out a preview for La traviata, I took a peek at what's coming at the ENO.
And I think most people already know the show people are already buzzing like crazy about,
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
The show is star studded with Emma Thompson, Bryn Terfel,
and two of my favorites, Matthew Seadon-Young and Rosalie Craig.
Understatement: It's going to be a big one. And a good one.
 
Another show that I'm excited about is Between Worlds.
This is a world premiere that is inspired by the events of 9/11,
so it, quite literally, hits pretty close to home for me.
I think this will be one of the most moving productions I'll ever see, and I am so excited for it.
If that doesn't convince you, check out what else is coming to the ENO.
It's a pretty packed full season of incredible shows.
 

Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.